Five of Brent's favourite Indian restaurants and takeaways
- Credit: Rashmi Narayan
Looking for the best bhajis and biryanis in Brent and Kilburn?
Brent's diverse borough is home to some of the best curry houses in the capital. We asked readers what their favourite Indian restaurants and takeaways are in the area.
Here is a selection of north west London's finest curry houses.
Yellow Chilli in Wembley Central Shopping Centre
Drawing on the mega chef's extensive travels across India, the menu features dishes from the four corners of the subcontinent.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can enjoy dishes including crescent ring ‘Punjabi’ samosas, marinated prawns, stuffed spinach dumplings in tomato sauce and mango butter Chicken.
Bhavna's, Willesden High Road and College Road, Kensal Green
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
While Bhavna’s original store sells typical Indian snacks and sweets like bhel puri and barfis, the new counter is centred around serving a variety of vegetarian curries, samosas, and spring rolls.
Aroma Lounge, in Llanover Road, north Wembley
Bills itself as "the best Indian restaurant in Wembley".
"Without our sense of smell, our only taste sensations would be sweet, sour, salty and bitter. The aroma contributes to the flavours we discern on our plates. We are Aroma Lounge, the best Indian restaurant in Wembley."
Maru's Bhajia Potatoes, Ealing Road, Alperton
Maru's says on its facebook page: "Our speciality is fresh Maru's bhajia with delicious passion juice. Our roots are in Nairobi, Kenya, but we have been on Ealing Road for many years."
Vijay, Willesden Lane
This curry house was established in 1964 and serves traditional South Indian cooking.
It was the winner of the London Curry Awards in 2019 and the London Asian Awards the same year.
As well as mouth watering meat, fish and seafood dishes, a special vegan menu is available.