Three men arrested in Stonebridge after guns and ammunition found
- Credit: Met
Three men have been arrested after three guns and 30 rounds of ammunition were found in a car in Stonebridge, police say.
At around 4pm on Thursday (February 11), detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime team stopped a Ford Fiesta in Barry Road.
The car vehicle was searched and three firearms and up to 30 rounds of ammunition were recovered, Scotland Yard said.
Three men, aged 24, 26 and 28 years old, were arrested and taken to a north London custody suite, where they remain.
Det Chf Insp Rick Sewart said: "The removal of three lethal barrelled firearms was vitally important to preventing serious violence on the streets of London.
You may also want to watch:
“Being in possession of firearms and ammunition are incredibly serious offences that will not be tolerated.
"I am personally tremendously proud of the exceptional commitment and perseverance of my officers on Specialist Crime, removing weapons like these from the streets, bringing offenders to justice & saving lives.”
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 3 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 4 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 5 Harlesden actor writes first film and hopes to inspire young people
- 6 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 7 Willesden landlord fined more than £700,000 for 'poor quality housing'
- 8 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
- 9 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn
- 10 Wembley 16-year-old driven at and chased before fatal stabbing
The vehicle stop was part of a wider operation targeting firearm offences in London.
On February 10, a pistol and ammunition was seized from a minicab in Neasden and a 25-year-old man was arrested.