Gun and ammunition seized from minicab in Neasden
- Credit: Met
A man has been arrested after a pistol and ammunition was seized from a minicab in Neasden.
At around 11:00pm on February 10, officers from the Met’s Specialist Crime team stopped a car as it came off the M1 near Neasden underground train, as part of a proactive operation.
Police say the vehicle, a minicab, was searched and a self-loading pistol and ammunition was found.
The back seat passenger, a 25-year-old man, was arrested and taken into custody suite.
Det Insp Jim Casey, said: “Being in possession of a firearm is a seriously dangerous offence and will not be tolerated.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to protect the streets of London by working tirelessly to find offenders and keep people safe.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims