Gun and ammunition seized from minicab in Neasden
- Credit: Met
A man has been arrested after a pistol and ammunition was seized from a minicab in Neasden.
At around 11:00pm on February 10, officers from the Met’s Specialist Crime team stopped a car as it came off the M1 near Neasden underground train, as part of a proactive operation.
Police say the vehicle, a minicab, was searched and a self-loading pistol and ammunition was found.
The back seat passenger, a 25-year-old man, was arrested and taken into custody suite.
Det Insp Jim Casey, said: “Being in possession of a firearm is a seriously dangerous offence and will not be tolerated.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to protect the streets of London by working tirelessly to find offenders and keep people safe.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent