Gun and ammunition seized from minicab in Neasden
- Credit: Met
A man has been arrested after a pistol and ammunition was seized from a minicab in Neasden.
At around 11:00pm on February 10, officers from the Met’s Specialist Crime team stopped a car as it came off the M1 near Neasden underground train, as part of a proactive operation.
Police say the vehicle, a minicab, was searched and a self-loading pistol and ammunition was found.
The back seat passenger, a 25-year-old man, was arrested and taken into custody suite.
Det Insp Jim Casey, said: “Being in possession of a firearm is a seriously dangerous offence and will not be tolerated.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to protect the streets of London by working tirelessly to find offenders and keep people safe.”
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 3 Harlesden actor writes first film and hopes to inspire young people
- 4 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 5 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 6 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 7 Willesden landlord fined more than £700,000 for 'poor quality housing'
- 8 Wembley 16-year-old driven at and chased before fatal stabbing
- 9 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
- 10 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn