K'dre is ready to perform
by Roxanne Blakelock An up-and-coming artist in the borough will be one to look out for in the music industry this year. K dre, 26, also known as Andre Kirlew, has lived in Kilburn all his life and has always wanted to perform. The singer
by Roxanne Blakelock
An up-and-coming artist in the borough will be one to look out for in the music industry this year.
K'dre, 26, also known as Andre Kirlew, has lived in Kilburn all his life and has always wanted to perform.
The singer lives in Dickens House, in Malvern Road, Kilburn, and before that he lived just down the road in Hereford House, in Carlton Vale, Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
K'dre has released three singles from his first album, Dark Star, and his first single, Starnimals, is currently playing in 9,000 outlets in the UK, including stores like Footlocker and Topshop.
K'dre said: "The snakes in the video symbolise my inspiration. The singer Alleyia made a video with snakes and she is one of my idols. This single is about aspiring to be more and not give up. It is about breaking into the industry and calling out to all the masses of people out there to recognise their talent and not give up."
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
Starnimals was written by K'dre, as was the whole album, which mainly has a pop-rock, R 'n' B feel.
The album is based on his personal experiences but has elements of fantasy as well.
It will be released in the shops in September just before the Mobo (music of black origin) awards.
Starnimals was released on March 9 but will be going out on AKA channels (digital satellite TV channels), in a few weeks.
K'dre will find out on Monday whether his second single, Dark Star, will go out on channels like MTV, The Box and the Chart Show.
K'dre said: "I am all about empowering young people. That's why I originally had my own label and my own entertainment company, called Dreamzentertainment.
"I am looking to propel people forward, but that is on the backburner at the moment."
He has also just landed a deal in New York with a video promotion company called Hip Video, and he is performing in June at Sullivan Hall, in New York.
K'dre has a son, Trason. He said: "He is my little angel. He comes to the studio and thinks he can play the electric guitar and plays his toy guitar at home."
K'dre's first two singles can be found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yi49nWDWnE