Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- Credit: Google Maps
The Greenman Pub and Hotel is your favourite place to go for a drink, a poll has revealed.
The Wembley tavern, which is near both the famous football stadium and event arena, was voted the Brent and Kilburn Times readers’ favourite pub.
We held the informal ballot over the past fortnight in the lead up to National Hospitality Day (September 18) – a celebration of all the places we love to eat and drink at.
Mal Preedy, landlord of The Greenman Pub and Hotel, said: “I am surprised to have heard the result.
“I thought maybe if it was in the football community it might have won as a large part of our custom is from England fans.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Preedy has put the pub’s popularity down to being a freehouse which can operate on its own terms and with a “loyal” team working.
“We have a large garden so it was easier for us to reopen than some,” he said.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
“It was fantastic after we just opened as people had been inside for so long. It was also busy for the Euros, but it seems to have got a bit quieter now.
“Now Wembley Arena is back holding events, I hope we can benefit from that too.”