6 best kebab shops in north London as voted by locals
- Credit: PA
Finalists for the British Kebab Awards have been announced, including five in east London.
Now in their 10th year, these awards are a chance to "recognise and champion the efforts of local kebab takeaways and restaurants across the nation".
With the industry now worth over £2.2 billion to the UK economy, the British Kebab Awards (BKA) believes this cuisine has been an "integral part of our culture for decades".
Awards founder Ibrahim Dogus said: “Covid has had a huge impact amongst businesses across the country, yet many kebab businesses have tried hard to continue to provide a good service to their communities.
"The kebab industry, despite all the difficulties and challenges it faces, has continued to grow from strength to strength."
He promises that this year's awards - held annually in association with Just Eat - will be "even bigger and better than the last one".
Kebab fans can now decide between the finalists in London, the rest of England, Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 8 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 9 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
The winners will be announced at a glamourous awards ceremony on March 1.
Is your favourite kebab outlet a British Kebab Awards finalist?
Devran Kitchen, Haringey
487 Green Lanes, Harringay Ladder N4 1AJ
Selale Restaurant, Haringey
1-3 Salisbury Promenade, Green Lanes, Harringay N8 0RX
Umut 2000, Haringey
551 Green Lanes, Harringay Ladder N8 0RL
Durum Restaurant, Finchley
119 Ballards Lane, Church End N3 1LJ
Istanbul Restaurant, Hackney
9 Stoke Newington Road, Dalston N16 8BH
Mangal 1, Hackney
10 Arcola St, Hackney Downs E8 2DJ
Hazev Restaurant, Tower Hamlets
Discovery Dock Apartments West, 2 South Quay Square, Isle of Dogs E14 9RT
The Ottoman Doner, Tower Hamlets
163 Cannon St Rd, Whitechapel E1 2LX
To vote for your favourite kebab restaurant, visit voting.britishkebabawards.com/
For tickets to the awards show, visit www.bkaquandoo.com/tickets