Soul star Leee John to take Canary Wharf stage marking 40 years of Imagination
- Credit: Bossamusic
Soul star Leee John is singing in Canary Wharf to mark the 40th anniversary of band Imagination.
The Friday night “up close and intimate" performance is at the Boisdale restaurant and music venue on July 16.
The Hackney-born R&B singer-songwriter, now living with his family at Gladstone Park in Dollis Hill, had record sales of more than 30 million albums with Imagination including hits like Just An illusion, Flashback and In The Heat of the Night.
“It’s fair to say Leee John is one of the hardest-working men in music,” his publicist Archie Carmichael said. “Even today Imagination’s music continues with remixes and adaptations by major contemporary stars.”
The 2017 Retropia album, by Imagination and featuring Leee, had two UK Soul chart-toppers, Do It Right Now and Make Your Mind Up.
You may also want to watch:
These were followed by Police and Thieves, paying homage to the classic anthem originally recorded in 1976 by Junior Murvin.
Friday’s performance at the Boisdale venue in Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Cabot Square has Covid safety measures in place with face masks required.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 9 Wembley Park's Summer on Screen festival kicks off with Gurinder Chadha Q&A
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield