Cultural events to celebrate Black History Month in Wembley
- Credit: Boxpark
A number of cultural events are taking place in Wembley Park to celebrate Black History Month.
Boxpark Wembley is putting on live music and thought-provoking panel discussions at its base in Olympic Way.
On October 17, Boxpark is hosting a Black British Pub Quiz, putting a twist on the traditional pub quiz to make it more inclusive and topical.
Hosted by Chanté Jay, digital content creator and political commentator; get ready to be educated and entertained.
Individuals and teams will be guided through "hilarious and informative questions" focussed on music, film, social media, politics, geography, and pop culture.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £7 per person or £36 for a group of six and doors open from 6pm with the first round kicking off at 7.30pm.
Eight days later on October 25 a panel discussion on Black representation in the Music Industry will be led by So Solid Crew rapper and Founder of Black Pound Day Swiss.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
Other speakers taking part include Mo The Comedian’s Tour Manager Javan Miller.
Panellists will discuss that as a business, the overwhelmingly white, male-run music industry has made billions from black music yet people rarely see Black presidents, label heads or chief executives.
"For years, black people have asked for better representation and diversity across the board — now is the time for labels to take action, and Boxpark is bringing together a group of professionals in the music industry to discuss what needs to change," a Boxpark Wembley spokesperson said.
The discussion will run from 7pm to 9pm.