Blokey fightback from The Ruskins
by Tim Cole We ve had long enough listening to the likes of Kate Nash moaning on in that annoying voice about her boyfriend and how she s going to dump him etc. The time has come for a bit of a blokey fightback. Enter The Ruskins. Their t
by Tim Cole
We've had long enough listening to the likes of Kate Nash moaning on in that annoying voice about her boyfriend and how she's going to dump him etc.
The time has come for a bit of a blokey fightback. Enter The Ruskins.
Their three-track debut single tackles some similar territory, with some fantastic lyrics.
You may also want to watch:
Slow Down Jessica manages to blend a bit of ska with words like 'Bradley, sadly you can not kick a ball badly, at least keep it in the court, it's a ball not a bird'.
The west London three piece show off further lyrical prowess talking about the Jessica of the title - 'I'll take you for a ride with me when I get my cycling proficiency'
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
The other tracks, Don't Be Silly Joe and 6 For 5 Alive, have a post-Ian Dury feel to them - but obviously Middlesex rather than Essex.
You can catch them at Proud in Camden on July 15
* Slow Down Jessica is out now on 645 Records