Blokey fightback from The Ruskins
by Tim Cole We ve had long enough listening to the likes of Kate Nash moaning on in that annoying voice about her boyfriend and how she s going to dump him etc. The time has come for a bit of a blokey fightback. Enter The Ruskins. Their t
by Tim Cole
We've had long enough listening to the likes of Kate Nash moaning on in that annoying voice about her boyfriend and how she's going to dump him etc.
The time has come for a bit of a blokey fightback. Enter The Ruskins.
Their three-track debut single tackles some similar territory, with some fantastic lyrics.
You may also want to watch:
Slow Down Jessica manages to blend a bit of ska with words like 'Bradley, sadly you can not kick a ball badly, at least keep it in the court, it's a ball not a bird'.
The west London three piece show off further lyrical prowess talking about the Jessica of the title - 'I'll take you for a ride with me when I get my cycling proficiency'
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 'It's yours to keep', Boney M's Liz Mitchell talks NFTs, new old music and a future world tour
The other tracks, Don't Be Silly Joe and 6 For 5 Alive, have a post-Ian Dury feel to them - but obviously Middlesex rather than Essex.
You can catch them at Proud in Camden on July 15
* Slow Down Jessica is out now on 645 Records