Youth Football: Brent under-10 girls beat Alexandra Park rivals
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local football scene
Brent under-10 girls won their first match in the Capital League, edging out Alexandra Park 5-4 in a thrilling contest.
The Brent girls started brightly, with Molly O’ Connor scoring a superb hat trick inside 10 minutes.
Alexandra Park then staged a comeback and, despite solid defending from Maia Fox and two good saves by Georgie Stone, the half ended with Brent only leading 3-2.
O’Connor extended Brent’s lead with a powerful driven shot early in the second, but Alexandra Park piled on the pressure and drew level at 4-4.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Fox and Olivia MacArthur began to get the upper hand in midfield and in the closing moments, Kathleen Santos-Ferreira lost her marker to smash the ball into the net.
That proved to be the winning strike in a pulsating encounter, as the borough youngsters came out on top, but only just.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 4 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 7 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Brent: M Fox, K Fox, O’Connor, MacArthur, Santos-Ferreira, Stone.
“I want to congratulate both teams on a brilliant match played in a brilliant spirit,” said Brent coach Patricia Taylor.
“I’m very proud if the players. They worked very hard for each other out there today.”