West Hampstead primed to seal double
ROB Frampton believes the tenacity of West Hampstead’s dramatic HA Trophy semi-final success will stand them in good stead for this weekend’s final showdown.
Frampton scored the golden goal to secure the Brent Cross side’s 4-3 victory against Ashford (Kent), minutes after he had netted the equaliser to send the tie into extra time.
Now only Tulse Hill and Dulwich – their opponents in Saturday’s final at Tonbridge School (2.30pm) – stand between West Hampstead and a league and cup double.
Tulse Hill finished below Ashford in South League Division Two this season and Frampton predicted: “With the Ashford scalp in the semi-final, they will know to expect a good game.
“I expect it will be a close one. Of course we would love to win it 5-0 or 10-0, but in reality I would expect a fairly frantic game with plenty of goals, and maybe one or two goals in it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an important game for us, and would turn a very good season into a great one. Even though we won our league this year, winning the trophy would really make a statement to our league opponents next season.
“The South Premier Leagues are where we belong as a club, and I really hope we challenge for promotion again next season, as Richmond have done this year.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
West Hampstead are unbeaten in all competitions this season, securing their return to Division Two at the first attempt after winning the Middx, Berks, Bucks and Oxon Regional One League title.