West Hampstead conquer the Hill again
West Hampstead came out on top in an entertaining rerun of last year’s EHB Cup final as they beat Tulse Hill & Dulwich 4-3 to retain top spot in South League Division Two.
The Brent Cross side, who triumphed against Tulse Hill to complete last season’s league and cup double, opened the scoring on Saturday when Australian striker Tim Wischusen blasted home.
But the goal only served to incite Tulse Hill’s target men Felix Flower and Mike Richardson, who both scored to give their side a 2-1 advantage.
WH rallied and a goal from Harry Willetts made it 2-2 before Rob Frampton thumped the ball into the net to regain the lead.
And the home side extended that advantage to 4-2 with a clinical finish from Dan Solomon, but Tulse Hill refused to roll over and pulled back a third goal to leave the game on a knife edge.
You may also want to watch:
However, neither side managed to increase their tally during the closing minutes, meaning WH remain unbeaten this season as they prepare to travel to Oxford Hawks this weekend.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 8 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed