Wealdstone winger Charlie Wakefield joins Bromley
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wealdstone winger Charlie Wakefield has joined fellow National League club Bromley in a permanent move.
The 22-year-old Chelsea Academy graduate joined the Stones in the summer following his release by Coventry City.
He went on to make a total of 13 appearances for the Stones, scoring twice.
With both his goals coming in 4-3 home wins over both Wrexham and Eastleigh.
“I’m very, very pleased. Delighted to get it done so quick, now I can be involved on Saturday," Wakefield told Bromley TV.
You may also want to watch:
"It's great. I've settled in really quick, the boys have been great they have been really welcoming to me. The staff too, everything feels right here."
Rhys Browne also left the Stones to join a fellow National League club in Sutton United in a permanent deal.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 4 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 8 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
Browne had only been with the Stones a short time after being released by EFL side Port Vale in the summer.
His only appearance came as a substitute in Boxing Day's 4-0 defeat away at Maidenhead United.
Manager Dean Brennan will now be keen to start bolstering his squad.