Tom Knowles (14)
Joe Quigley (24)
Wealdstone fall to a fifth consecutive league defeat against Yeovil Town
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone suffered a fifth consecutive National League defeat as they lost 2-0 to mid-table Yeovil Town at home.
First half goals from Tom Knowles and Joe Quigley separated the two sides and handed Yeovil the three points at Grosvenor Vale.
In the 14th minute Town opened the scoring via a rocket from Knowles. As the ball fell to the former Cambridge man at the edge of the box, he released a lethal effort for a deserved opener.
With the wind in Town’s sails, one became two on 24 minutes as Quigley struck for the fourth time in two games, making the most of relentless pressure and pouncing on Kelly’s blocked shot with a cool finish beyond Jake Askew.
The second half saw a much more even affair, with Wealdstone pressing for a route back into the game.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a lack of clear-cut chances for the hosts, Wealdstone did have a penalty shout waved away after Sass-Davies left a leg in on Charlee Hughes.
Wealdstone: Askew, Phillips, Olowu, Okimo, Wishart (Gondoh 71), Charles, Smith, Dyer (Lo-Everton 18), Green, Mendy, Lewis (Hughes 41).
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 6 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 7 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
Unused subs: Parish, Hearn.
Yeovil Town: A.Smith, Kelly, Skendi, Sass-Davies, Dickinson, Lee, J. Smith, Dagnall, Knowles (Sonupe 72), Neufville (Bradley 86), Quigley (Reid 79).
Unused subs: Evans, Hunt.