Wealdstone manager Maynard preparing for Yeovil Town
- Credit: Jon Taffel
Wealdstone manager Stuart Maynard insists they will prepare as usual despite so little riding on the match against mid-table Yeovil Town for either side.
The Stones will welcome Darren Sarll’s men to Grosvenor Vale on Saturday as they attempt to end a four game losing run in the National League.
“We’re going to prepare as if the season is still going, which we always will do, but the lads have just got to give everything for the team and that is all we can ask of them," said Maynard.
“We want them to leave it all out on the pitch.”
He sent his condolences to the club on the passing of their captain Lee Collins.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It was devastating news for them and the lad's family, but what they have in their group is senior players that have played at this level consistently, year in and year out.
“During the season if you look when they were having bad form they had two or three of their senior players out.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
“Rhys Murphy is a top player in this division, he’s come back and he’s scoring goals for them, and they’ve crept up the league.
“At one stage it looked like they could make the play-offs but they’ve dipped off now.”