Rhys Browne (77)
Late Browne goal seals Wealdstone win over rivals Barnet
- Credit: Jon Taffel
Rhys Browne's 77th-minute goal gave Wealdstone victory over rivals Barnet in the National League.
The substitute tapped into an empty net after a dummy from Josh Umerah to give the hosts a 1-0 win at Grosvenor Vale.
The clubs, separated by less than eight miles, created little before the break in a contest watched by 2,662.
Barnet goalkeeper Aston Oxborough did well to prevent Jamie Mascoll's deflected free-kick from beating him in the 24th minute, before Ephron Mason-Clark was just wide with a dinked effort at the other end soon after.
The game appeared to be drifting towards deadlock, until 25-year-old Browne made the decisive breakthrough.
Wealdstone: Wickens, McAvoy, Cook (c), Mundle-Smith, Tavares, Charles, Buse (Dyer 58), Cooper, Mascoll (Okimo 81), Jackson (Browne 58), Umerah.
Subs not used: Dronfield, Bird.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 6 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 7 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 8 The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time: 'An A star for richly textured drama'
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters