Jerome Okimo (5)
Dennon Lewis (30, 76)
Craig Fasanmade (70)
Jacob Mendy (72)
Courtney Baker-Richardson (46)
Wealdstone thrash fierce rivals Barnet to wrap up a strong Easter weekend
- Credit: Jon Taffel
Wealdstone thumped fierce rivals Barnet 5-1 to wrap up a good Easter Weekend where they took four points from a possible six – despite having a huge chunk of their first-team squad on furlough due to the current circumstances.
A brace from Dennon Lewis and goals from Jerome Okimo, Craig Fasanmade and Jacob Mendy sealed the comfortable win for the Stones over the 10-men Bees.
Wealdstone captain Jerome Okimo got his side off to a dream start as he headed home unmarked from a Danny Green corner in the fifth minute of play.
It was 2-0 to the Stones on the half hour mark, as the hosts won the ball on the halfway line and broke quickly, with Dennon Lewis firing a deflected strike past the despairing glove of Aymen Azaze.
The Bees finally got their goal back just 120 seconds into the second half, after Vasiliou did brilliantly to get into box before squaring for Courtney Baker-Richardson who couldn't miss.
You may also want to watch:
It all boiled over just before the hour mark, as Baker-Richardson was shown a straight red for what appeared to be violent conduct after 20 of the 22 players were in a scrum pushing and shoving.
The Stones scored their third of the afternoon, as Craig Fasanmade poked home at the near post.
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 6 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 10 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
It was four just a minute later as the Bees imploded and conceded a spot kick that was duly converted by Jacob Mendy.
It was five moments later as Lewis added his second of the afternoon, as he had time and space to convert with the Bees pushed high the Stones half.
Wealdstone: Askew, Harbottle, Okimo (c) (Hearn 85), Cawley, Mendy, Dyer, Phillips, Smith (Fasanmade 68), Gondoh (Parish 74), Green, Lewis.
Unused subs: Wishart, Fielding.
Barnet: Azaze, Taylor, Daly, Preston, Vaughan, McQueen (Faal 64), McBurnie (Adeloye 68), Wordsworth, Vasilou (Hooper 78), Baker-Richardson, Mason-Clark.
Unused subs: Callan, Nugent