Wealdstone assistant Saunders feels they're 'underdogs' against rivals Barnet
- Credit: Jon Taffel
Wealdstone assistant manager Matt Saunders feels they're underdogs despite having a higher league position than rivals Barnet.
The Stones will welcome the Bees to Grosvenor Vale this afternoon (3pm) as they look to build on their 2-2 draw with Bromley on Good Friday.
Saunders knows they have a job to do as they continue planning for next season.
“It’s a shame. It would be nice to have fans there, it would be brilliant, as they would be the extra man.
“It’s a big game, we’ve got to put that to the back of our minds as we’ve got a job to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Reality of it is that we probably go into it as underdogs. Everyone knows what they’re spending but I believe we can bridge the game and it’s a game we want to win.”
He added: “We have to instill good habits in the people that will remain. People will come and go but we need to do that for next season."
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids