Wealdstone sign striker Ira Jackson from Grimsby Town
- Credit: PA
Wealdstone have completed the signing of striker Ira Jackson Jr following his release from National League rivals Grimsby Town.
The striker had his first taste of league football with the Mariners last season, scoring three times in 15 games. The forward will wear the number 16 shirt for the Stones this term.
Prior to his league debut the striker spent a lot of time in the Kent non-league football scene, playing in the National League for Dover Athletic aged 19 back in 2016.
He has also played for Faversham Town, Ashford United, Ramsgate, Canterbury City, Lordswood, Whitstable Town, Worthing, Margate, Leatherhead, Sittingbourne and Folkestone Invicta, where his 24 goals in 36 games in the 2019/20 Isthmian Premier League season earned him his big EFL move.
Ira Jackson will go straight into Stuart Maynard's squad to face Altrincham this weekend subject to FA and National League approval.
You may also want to watch:
The addition of Jackson will provide more competition up front, especially with Danny Parish joining Billericay Town on loan recently.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss