Wealdstone sign midfielder Smith from Billericay Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wealdstone have announced their fourth summer signing in the form of midfielder Connor Smith from Billericay Town.
The 26-year-old was on loan at the Stones from Watford back in the 2011/12 season where he played a pivotal role at Grosvenor Vale.
Smith brings plenty of Football League experience, with spells at Gillingham and Stevenage while on loan from Watford, as well as permanent tenures with AFC Wimbledon, Plymouth Argyle and Yeovil Town - making more than 80 appearances.
The former Irish under-21 international also has experience in both the National League and the National League South with Boreham Wood and Billericay Town, respectively.
Boss Dean Brennan said: "Connor is a player that will provide our midfield with athleticism and we know Connor can score and create goals from central midfield.
You may also want to watch:
"He has plenty of experience and he knows our club well."
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley Park's bars and restaurants back in business on May 17
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 9 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims