Wealdstone sign former Dagenham & Redbridge defender Andrew Eleftheriou
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wealdstone have signed right-back Andrew Eleftheriou from National League rivals Dagenham & Redbridge following the expiration of his contract.
The 23-year-old joins following two seasons for the Daggers where he has been in and out of the team throughout that spell.
The former Watford academy product featured 19 times last season for Daryl McMahon's side and found the net once.
That following on from playing 19 times the season before under Peter Taylor and then McMahon at Dagenham.
The full-back made his first-team debut in The Hornets 5-0 defeat against Manchester City at the end of the 2016/17 season as he came on as a 39th-minute substitute for Daryl Janmaat.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster then gained experience overseas when he joined Norweigan Elisteserien side Sandefjord on loan in March, 2018.
Eleftheriou went on to make four appearances for the club and then returned to Watford ahead of the 2018/19 season.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 'It's yours to keep', Boney M's Liz Mitchell talks NFTs, new old music and a future world tour
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
He then joined National League side Braintree Town on loan in January last season until the end of the campaign.
The defender played 18 times for the Iron as they were relegated from the division before he was released by Watford.
Eleftheriou then joined Dagenham & Redbridge in July, 2019 and spent two seasons at the club.