Wealdstone want a big crowd for Beavers game
- Credit: Archant
Stones have plenty of special ticket offers to celebrate Non-League Day
Wealdstone will be hoping Non-League Day brings a bumper crowd to Grosvenor Vale this Saturday when they welcome Hampton & Richmond Borough in the Vanarama National League South.
With no fixtures in the top two tiers of English football taking place this weekend owing to the international break, the annual event promoting non-league football is back for another year.
Fans of clubs without a game this weekend are being encouraged to pop along to their nearest ground and support their local club.
Non-league clubs across the country are also putting on special offers to entice more through the gate, and Wealdstone are no exception.
You may also want to watch:
Fans who hold a season ticket with a club in the Premier Division or the English Football League can gain entry to the game against Hampton for just £9 upon showing their season ticket at the turnstile.
Members of the armed services can also gain entry for the same price by showing their ID card at the turnstiles.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Children under 14 go free, as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult.
There is also the ‘Family Ticket’, which sees two adults and two children gain entry for a combined price of £15 — a saving of £11 on two full-price adult tickets.
Wenzel’s, who sponsor the main stand at Grosvenor Vale, will also be joining in the fun of Non-League Day this weekend.
Providing the weather is kind, Wenzel’s are offering vouchers to the winners of a penalty shoot-out competition and a kick-ups competition, which will take place at half-time during the game between Wealdstone and Hampton.
As for the game itself, Stones will be hoping their return to league action sees them build on an FA Cup triumph last time out.
Bobby Wilkinson’s men beat divisional rivals Hungerford Town 2-1 to progress to the fourth qualifying round.
Goals from Bradley Bubb and Fumnaya Shomotun saw Wealdstone collect £15,000 in prize money, as well as book their spot in the fourth qualifying round.
Stones will welcome National League side Sutton United – who reached the fifth round in 2016-17 – with the tie due to take place on the weekend of October 20.