Wealdstone defender Connor Stevens edging closer to return
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone defender Connor Stevens is working on his return to action after suffering with bone bruising to his knee.
The central defender has struggled with the injury all season and is yet to make an appearance for the Stones so far this campaign.
The manager Dean Brennan revealed that he is finally back in training and working towards a return.
“He started his return to play on Monday, he’s got to do a pre-season now basically, so we’ve got to try get him into a four-week pre-season. Ideally everyone does a six-week pre-season but he’s not going to be able to do that so he has got to make major sacrifices.
“The sooner the better that we can get him back, but we’re probably looking at four weeks from Monday to get Connor back, if everything goes well of course.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stones have missed Stevens presence although they have seen numerous other players step up to the challenge.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 10 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle