Wealdstone boss Wilkinson adds nine new faces to mix as a dozen others depart
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone have announced the signing of nine new players ahead of the 2018/19 National League South season.
Manager Bobby Wilkinson has added Yado Mambo, Matt Lench, Tom Gardiner, Montel Agyemang, Stefan Brown, Wadah Ahmidi, James Clark, Freddie Grant and Sam Hatton to the squad, while also revealing the departure of 12 players.
Tower defender Mambo retired from full-time football with Ebbsfleet in January 2017 due to a knee injury, but has been given the all-clear to play part-time with the Stones.
A Charlton Athletic youth academy product, he played for AFC Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in the Football League and said: “I am very glad to be here at Wealdstone. When I spoke to Bobby I jumped at the chance to get back to playing football again.
“I have spoken to two surgeons regarding the injury that stopped me playing a year ago but I have worked hard to fight back to a good level of fitness and the gaffer understands the situation. I just want to play again and help Wealdstone to achieve their ambitions next season.”
You may also want to watch:
Attacking central midfielder Lench, 25, impressed for Slough Town last season, scoring 15 goals, and added: “It was an honour to get the call from Wealdstone, a big club with a fan base to match. I like Bobby’s plans and it’s all very exciting.”
Gardiner, 23, is a tall centre-back who played for St Albans City last season, while Agyemang is an ex-Leyton Orient player, who played for East Thurrock most recently.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
Striker Brown joins from Wilkinson’s former club Hungerford, for whom he scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup, while midfielder Ahmidi was a key part of Staines Town’s side last season,
Clark is another midfielder, who won two promotions with Hungerford in four seasons and is known for his work rate, while left-back Grant, 21, previously played for Oxford United and has played more than 80 times in National League South.
Hatton, 30, is an experienced midfielder and right back who featured for Staines last season, after spells with Grimsby, Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon.
Those leaving the Stones are Benji Crilley, Alex Laffleur, Jermaine Osei, Marcus Johnson-Schuster, Ryan Sellers, Ricky Wellard, Dan Fitchett, Stephane Ngamvoulou, Ashleigh Artwell, Matty Whichelow, Matt Day and Eddie Oshodi, who has retired from playing.