Wealdstone begin pre-season as Billy Clifford departs
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone have begun their pre-season preparations as they sealed a 3-1 victory over Bedfont Sports in their first friendly.
Goals from new signings Danny Parish and Charlee Hughes, as well as Michee Efete, overpowered the Eagles despite Connor Tomlinson’s consolation goal.
The Stones will now host Colchester United at Grovesnor Vale on Saturday for a third match after meeting with Luton Town in midweek as they look to be ready for life in the National League.
The club also confirmed that Billy Clifford has departed the club and joined National League South side Havant & Waterlooville.
The 27-year-old midfielder signed for the Stones in July 2019 and made 37 appearances for the club, scoring seven goals and making 12 assists.
You may also want to watch:
Clifford won his first National League South winners medal and was selected in the National League South Team of the season.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 The community is stepping in where the government is failing
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way