Wealdstone attacker Dennon Lewis joins rivals Boreham Wood
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wealdstone attacker Dennon Lewis has joined National League rivals Boreham Wood for an undisclosed fee.
The 24-year-old and former Love Island star joined Wealdstone in June 2019 - proving to be an important figure ever since.
Lewis helped the Stones win the National League South in the 2019/20 season that was prematurely cut short due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
In September 2020, following the club's promotion to the National League, Lewis signed a new two-year deal - despite interest from clubs such as Charlton Athletic.
Ipswich, Sunderland, Huddersfield, and Oxford all reportedly showed an interest at the same time as Charlton.
Lewis has played 13 times for the Stones in the National League so far this campaign, finding the back of the net on one occasion.
During the 2020/21 season he played 40 times in the league and netted five goals.
- 1 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 2 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 QPR boss Warburton praises Andre Gray after beating Derby County
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
He will now join up with former Wealdstone left-back Jacob Mendy who joined Boreham Wood in the summer.
Wealdstone are expected to announce a new signing imminently.