Wealdstone re-sign forward Moses Emmanuel
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone have announced Moses Emmanuel has signed a one-year contract ahead of the 2020/21 season National League season.
Emmanuel joined the Stones in January and started the final nine games of the season where he scored four goals, including a match-winning brace at Havant & Waterlooville on his second appearance.
The 31-year-old centre-forward gained his fourth promotion from the National League South in 2019/20 and will be playing for his fifth club in the National League next season.
Emmanuel said: “I’m delighted to have re-signed for the club. I felt really at home in the short period of time before the season was stopped, so I’m looking forward to next season in the National League and scoring goals.
“There’s a real family feel at the club and all the fans are so welcoming. It really helped having worked with the management team and a few of the players before when I first came which helped me kick on quickly.”
You may also want to watch:
On winning the National League South title: “I’m buzzing to have won the league, it was fully deserved by the players and staff. It’s really good that we’ve manage to keep the majority of the same squad and think that will help to really compete in the National League.”
On individual goals for next season: “I don’t really set targets, I just plan to work as hard as I can for the team and score goals. As always I want to pass the twenty mark for goals.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 The community is stepping in where the government is failing
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
The club also revealed that defender Ryan Sellers has left to join National League South outfit Hemel Hempstead.
The 25-year-old left-back has had two stint with the Stones but after having a chunk of last season hampered by injury has decided to move on.
Dean Brennan’s men have also announced eight pre-season fixtures as they prepare for life in the National League.
The action starts at Bedford Town on Saturday before hosting two Football League clubs in successive home games.
Championship survivors Luton Town visit The Vale on Tuesday, August, 26 before League Two Colchester United return for the second season in a row on Saturday, August, 29.
Wealdstone then face Northwood, St Albans City, Hemel Hempstead, Dulwich Hamlet and Slough Town.