St Panteleimon remain unbeaten after JL Rovers victory
- Credit: Archant
St Panteleimon kept up their unbeaten start to the season and moved into second spot in the Middlesex County Football League Division One with a comfortable 6-1 victory against JL Rovers FC.
The game took a while to settle down and it was Michael Frangeskou who opened the scoring after 25 minutes.
Five minutes later a penalty was expertly placed by Noyan Tajbakhsh and they eased into half time 2-0 up.
After half-time a lapse of concentration, and some decent passing by JL Rovers, allowed the opposition to pull a goal back.
This sparked something in the Saints and they scored three goals in eight minutes thanks to Nick Salapatas and two from Anton Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
With the game won at 5-1, the manager gave the substitutes some game time, and the Saints were pleased to see Jack Smith back from injury.
Roberto Katsikas made it 6-1 with five minutes left.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 4 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 7 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park