Wealdstone crash to defeat away to Notts County
- Credit: Archant
National League: Notts County 3 Wealdstone 0
Wealdstone crashed to a 3-0 defeat away to National League big boys Notts County under the Friday night lights at Meadow Lane.
Goals from Enzio Boldewijn, Elijah Sam and Jimmy Knowles sealed the three points for Neal Ardley’s men as they moved up to sixth in the league table while the Stones remain fifth.
Stones goalkeeper Harry Isted was extremely busy in the opening stages of the contest having to make numerous saves to keep the score at 0-0.
Notts County did open the scoring however as Rodrigues’ shot was well saved by Isted but Enzio Boldewijn followed up the rebound to give his side a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute.
You may also want to watch:
In the 19th minute the hosts doubled their advantage as Elijah Sam beat Michee Efete on the right and smashed past Harry Isted from a tight angle.
Visitors striker Ross Lafayette held the ball up well and held off his man, squaring to Connor Smith on the edge of the box but his shot swerved just wide of the goal on the stroke of half-time.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
Stones defender Jerome Okimo made an important block on Wootton early in the second-half before Notts then hit Stones on the break with Rodrigues but his effort was straight at loanee Harry Isted just moments later.
County substitute Jimmy Knowles made an instant impact as he slotted in from close range in the 89th minute just one minute after replacing Elijah Sam.
There was a late chance for the Stones as Jacob Mendy carved out a crossing opportunity on the left, but captain Jerome Okimo shot over with almost the last kick of the game.
Notts County: Slocombe; Kelly-Evans, Turner, Rawlinson, Brindley, Doyle, Reeves, Boldewijn, Rodrigues (O’Brien 75), Sam (Knowles 88), Wootton.
Unused subs: Graham, Chicksen, Wolfe.
Wealdstone: Isted, Efete, Okimo, Cawley, Mendy, Phillips (Parrett 46), Smith, Green (Benyu 69), Wakefield, Parish, Lafayette (Lewis 58).
Unused subs: Askew and Slew.