No Winter of discontent at Gladstone parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Brent’s James Winter led the field for a third consecutive week at Gladstone parkrun on Saturday, crossing the line in 18 minutes 44 seconds.
Winter has improved his personal best on the 5km Dollis Hill circuit by more than one minute over the course of his last eight events.
“Having a regular timed run local to my home has given me the motivation to attend on a regular basis and has improved my 5km time significantly,” he said.
“It doesn’t matter if you take 45 minutes or 17 minutes – parkrun is a great start to the weekend, and a great way to improve your fitness and to meet friendly local runners.”
Junior runner Alexander Khlaf finished second in a personal best of 19:23, ahead of Ryan Yoruk (19:38) and second-placed junior Harshil Joshi (19:59).
You may also want to watch:
Adam Turnbull was sixth in a time of 20:05, followed by Johnny O’Flynn (20:10), Kemuel Solomon (20:22) and first-timer Tom Charman (20:37).
Sarah Bailey continued her good form to take the honours in the women’s division, clocking a personal best of 20:59, while debutant Carmel Lucid – who claimed second in 21:10 – recorded the highest ranking under parkrun’s unique age and gender grading system.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 5 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 6 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Next across the line was Sophie Barnard (21:54), followed by Amanda Martin (24:50). Pauline MacFarlane (25:24) was fifth, ahead of Babs Forman (25:55), Alison Haan (26:08) and Mary Allieu (27:31).
Gladstone parkrun takes place at 9am every Saturday and is open to people of all ages and abilities.
Registration is free at www.parkrun.org.uk/gladstone or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.