National League South: Wealdstone look to tighten up on trip to Havant & Waterlooville
- Credit: Archant
Stones boss Bobby Wilkinson criticised his team’s defending after defeat on New Year’s Day
Wealdstone will be looking for better on Saturday when they travel to National League South title hopefuls Havant & Waterlooville.
Stones began 2018 with a 3-0 defeat at home to Hampton & Richmond Borough on New Year’s Day.
Following that match, boss Bobby Wilkinson did not hold back in his criticism of the Wealdstone defending for all three Beavers goals.
The Stones manager will surely want an improved defensive display from his side this weekend as they look to end a run of four league games without a win.
You may also want to watch:
The odds look stacked against the Grosvenor Vale club returning from Hampshire with all three points, with Havant unbeaten in their last 11 league games.
Wilkinson, though, believes his team can spring a surprise against the Hawks.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
“Out of 100 people, 99 wouldn’t believe I could go there and win; one per cent will and I’m that one per cent and so are the boys,” he told the club website.