National League season to continue; North and South null and void
The National League have announced the continuation of their 2020-21 season at step one level, but a desire to declare step two null and void.
Member clubs were consulted earlier this month regarding the ongoing playing of fixtures during the coronavirus pandemic, when it was agreed the two tiers would hold separate votes to determine their own outcomes.
As a result, the vote among National League clubs - including Dagenham & Redbridge and Wealdstone - resulted in seven voting for the season to be declared null and void, while 13 voted against, meaning the competition will continue to operate for the remainder of the season.
A similar vote among National League South and North clubs ended with 24 voting to end the campaign and 19 against the proposal, meaning a 51 per cent majority was reached to pass the resolution to declare the season null and void.
Two votes from the National League have not yet been cast, but the outcome cannot be affected by those votes.
You may also want to watch:
A statement said: "With the voting procedure now closed, National League North and South fixtures will cease with immediate effect.
"The board will take the resolution outcome to the Football Association for ratification. This will include dialogue regarding promotion and relegation."
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 3 Harlesden actor writes first film and hopes to inspire young people
- 4 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 5 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 6 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 7 Willesden landlord fined more than £700,000 for 'poor quality housing'
- 8 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
- 9 Wembley 16-year-old driven at and chased before fatal stabbing
- 10 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn