Kundai Benyu departs Wealdstone following the termination of his contract
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Midfielder Kundai Benyu has left Wealdstone following the mutual termination of his contract.
He joined the club in the summer on a free transfer from SPFL champions Celtic and made a total of 15 appearances for the Stones.
The 23-year-old will now be hoping to find a new club while this could be the first of many changes for the Stones due to the financial issues surrounding the National League and not being given grants.
The National League have announced the continuation of their 2020-21 season at step one level, but a desire to declare step two null and void.
Member clubs were consulted earlier this month regarding the ongoing playing of fixtures during the coronavirus pandemic, when it was agreed the two tiers would hold separate votes to determine their own outcomes.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, the vote among National League clubs - including Wealdstone - resulted in seven voting for the season to be declared null and void, while 13 voted against, meaning the competition will continue to operate for the remainder of the season.
A similar vote among National League South and North clubs ended with 24 voting to end the campaign and 19 against the proposal, meaning a 51 per cent majority was reached to pass the resolution to declare the season null and void.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 3 Harlesden actor writes first film and hopes to inspire young people
- 4 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 5 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 6 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 7 Willesden landlord fined more than £700,000 for 'poor quality housing'
- 8 Wembley 16-year-old driven at and chased before fatal stabbing
- 9 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
- 10 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn