London Senior Cup: Haringey Borough and Tom Loizou eye another upset against Harrow Borough
- Credit: Archant
Two London sides have already played each other in the FA Trophy this season and will do battle again tonight
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou is hoping to knock Harrow Borough out of the London Senior Cup tonight after beating them in the FA Trophy earlier this season.
The two capital clubs did battle at the end of October in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
A 1-1 draw occurred at the Rogers Family Stadium with an 89th-minute penalty from Kurtis Cumberbatch preventing a Borough upset after Ralston Gabriel had opened the scoring for the Bostik North side.
Loizou’s men were not to be denied a cup shock though with Michael Ademiluyi scoring the only goal of the replay at Coles Park on October 30.
You may also want to watch:
This evening the two teams will do battle yet again at the Rogers Family Stadium with Haringey still buoyant after pushing Leyton Orient close in the FA Trophy on Saturday.
Borough lost 2-1 after taking the lead through Ademiluyi, but will look to progress into the quarter-finals of the London Senior Cup tonight.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
“We beat Harrow before, but we got another injury on Saturday and a couple of knocks,” admitted Loizou.
“I’ll have to see what’s going on in the dressing room, but hopefully we can pull it together for the match.”