Leyton Orient sign forward Paul Smyth
- Credit: PA
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of forward Paul Smyth following his release from Championship side Queens Park Rangers.
The 23-year-old struggled to break into the R’s side although he did find the net twice in 19 appearances but found himself out on loan at the likes of Accrington Stanley, Wycombe Wanderers and Charlton Athletic.
He will now be hoping to make a name for himself as he penned a two-year-deal with the O's.
“We want to get promoted,” said Smyth. “This is a big Club. The way Kenny wants to play is something I want to be a part of. Promotion is always your ambition when you join a team and I hope we can do that this year.”
After signing two defenders and a midfielder, the addition of Smyth is Manager Kenny Jackett’s first offensive capture.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he is a very good signing. At 23, there is potential for him to do very well for our Club. I’m delighted he has decided to sign for us.
“His main asset, I think is pace – I like him up front and I like him as a forward. He can score goals and I believe his pace and mobility will give defenders a lot of problems.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
Smyth is the fourth summer signing under newly-appointed manager Kenny Jackett joining the likes of Darren Pratley, Omar Beckles and Connor Wood.