Jacob Mendy departs Wealdstone
- Credit: Jon Taffel
Left-back Jacob Mendy thanks the Wealdstone fans as he departs the club ahead of the 2021/22 season.
The 24-year-old became a fans favourite during his two seasons with the Stones helping them win the National League South.
Mendy also impressed in the National League last term as he found the net 9 times in 41 appearances.
“It is time to say goodbye to Wealdstone, to all the fans, players and to every single one at the club,” Mendy said.
“It’s been an amazing journey with ups and downs, but I’ve enjoyed every moment at the club.
You may also want to watch:
“I just want to thank everyone that is part of the club, to everyone that helped and believed in me during this journey that made me the player I am today.
“A special thank you to all Wealdstone fans for the support.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Wealdstone continue to rebuild their squad under Stuart Maynard ahead of the new season.