Boxing: Powerday Hooks host Luke Fitzpatrick Memorial show
- Credit: Archant
Powerday Hooks ABC stage their Luke Fitzpatrick Memorial show at the Harrow Club on Friday.
The event commemorates a young man, whose family are close to the club, who lost his life when stabbed in a random attack.
Powerday Hooks launched a 'Drop the knife, take up the gloves' campaign as a result and will stage 14 to 18 bouts at the Freston Road venue.
These will include some of their own boxers, competing against others from top clubs in South East England, such as Repton and West Ham.
Powerday Hooks have been London's most successful club - and second in the country - in national tournaments for school age boxers over the past two seasons and the non-profit club is run by unpaid volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Boxing starts at 7.15pm and tickets are available on the door on the night.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 10 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury