Theaker scores hat-trick as Hendon down Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 46 Saracens Amateurs 10
Will Theaker scored a hat-trick of tries as Hendon began 2019 with a 46-10 success at home to Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One.
The first opportunity came after 10 minutess when Cosy Mutuma passed for scrum-half Billy Burrell to touch down, but the try was disallowed for a double movement.
Five minutes later, Paul Julian carried the ball from the Saracens’ 10-metre line to the 22, with fullback Dan Watterson supporting to score in the corner for a 5-0 lead.
Mid way through the half, Hendon were reduced to 14 due to an illegal tackle and could not penetrate the Saracens defence.
You may also want to watch:
In the closing minutes of the first half, Hendon defended their own line, but conceded a penalty which Saracens converted to close the score to 5-3.
Early in the second half, Hendon extended their lead when Will Theaker latched on to a kick from defence, before running in from 50 metres to score a converted try.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
Julian then crashed through the Saracens defence for his second of the match, while another Theaker effort saw Hendon secure a bonus point and move 24-3 ahead.
Saracens were offered hope with a try of their own soon after, but that only served to spur Hendon on further.
Theaker completed his hat-trick, while Adam Johnson crossed twice and Donal O’Sullivan also dotted down to complete a resounding win for Hendon.