Theaker scores hat-trick as Hendon down Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 46 Saracens Amateurs 10
Will Theaker scored a hat-trick of tries as Hendon began 2019 with a 46-10 success at home to Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One.
The first opportunity came after 10 minutess when Cosy Mutuma passed for scrum-half Billy Burrell to touch down, but the try was disallowed for a double movement.
Five minutes later, Paul Julian carried the ball from the Saracens’ 10-metre line to the 22, with fullback Dan Watterson supporting to score in the corner for a 5-0 lead.
Mid way through the half, Hendon were reduced to 14 due to an illegal tackle and could not penetrate the Saracens defence.
You may also want to watch:
In the closing minutes of the first half, Hendon defended their own line, but conceded a penalty which Saracens converted to close the score to 5-3.
Early in the second half, Hendon extended their lead when Will Theaker latched on to a kick from defence, before running in from 50 metres to score a converted try.
- 1 Seven sought over Wembley gang attack that left man with severed ear
- 2 Wembley firefighter looks back as he retires after 30 years
- 3 Woman's 'shock' at male officer sent to welfare check at Wembley hotel
- 4 EFL fixtures release: QPR kick off at home to London rivals Millwall
- 5 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 6 One in billion DNA match links teenager to sisters' murder in Kingsbury, court told
- 7 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 8 All you need to know about tickets for Boxpark's Euro 2020 screenings
- 9 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 10 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
Julian then crashed through the Saracens defence for his second of the match, while another Theaker effort saw Hendon secure a bonus point and move 24-3 ahead.
Saracens were offered hope with a try of their own soon after, but that only served to spur Hendon on further.
Theaker completed his hat-trick, while Adam Johnson crossed twice and Donal O’Sullivan also dotted down to complete a resounding win for Hendon.