Hendon taken to replay in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup second qualifying round: Hendon 1 (Hippolyte-Patrick 24) Lancing 1 (Langford 78)
Hendon and Lancing will have to do it all again in the FA Cup after their second qualifying round tie ended in a 1-1 draw.
The Greens had to wait an extra 10 days for the match after scheduled opponents Phoenix Sports were initially put under investigation, then expelled from the cup after fielding an ineligible player in an earlier round.
That meant Lancing were restored to the competition in place of Sports to take on James Gray’s men.
The Silver Jubilee Park outfit took the lead in the 24th minute when Shaquile Hippolyte-Patrick found the target.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Lancers drew level 12 minutes from time thanks to a goal from Jack Langford.
With no further goals, it means the two sides will meet again in west Sussex this weekend to see who will collect the £9,000 in prize money and progress to the next round.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 7 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 8 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 9 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
Hendon: Boness, Griffith, Chappell, Tingey, Jonas, Mbengui, Brown (Murphy 76), Dombaxe, German, Mitchell (Morgan 65), Hippolyte-Patrick.
Subs: Hall, Ngamvoulou, Hunte, Alexander-Greenway, Grant.