Free football for kids with QPR as outdoor sports return
- Credit: Queens Park Rangers
Brent children will be able to enjoy free football sessions with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) coaches from this weekend (April 3), as outdoor sports return in the latest easing of lockdown restrictions.
The Super Kickz activities for boys and girls aged 9-13, will run from 2pm-4pm, every Saturday at Ark Elvin Academy, Cecil Avenue, Wembley.
The Covid compliant sessions are organised by former councillor Zaffar Van Kalwala and Connect Stars, and supported by Wembley Park.
They will help youngsters of all abilities to develop their skills and to get more active.
Zaffar said: “We all recognise how important sport is for children’s physical and mental health, especially when dealing with the impact of Covid lockdowns.
You may also want to watch:
"I know everyone is desperate to get back to playing sport and participating in activities they have so badly missed but we must continue to be safe and take precautions - and hopefully we will all be able to return back to normal very soon."
Click here to register.
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 6 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime