Zamora says current QPR squad is far more united than last Premier League campaign
PUBLISHED: 07:00 19 October 2014 | UPDATED: 09:13 19 October 2014
PA Wire/Press Association Images
QPR forward Bobby Zamora says there is no comparison between the club’s slow start to the season to that of two years ago under Mark Hughes.
The 33-year-old is one of few players still at the club from the disastrous opening to the season under Hughes which saw the club win just four points from their opening 12 games.
And Zamora, who signed a new one-year deal in the summer, reckons the club is almost unrecognisable from 2012.
“The club has come on so much since then. The facilities, the management – everything.” he said.
“If you came here two years ago and came here now you wouldn’t be able to recognise the place.
“There was times that year, certainly for me anyway, where you wished you wouldn’t have to go in to training and could just turn up on a Saturday.
“When it came to game day everyone was fighting for the same cause, but in the week tempers would flare.
“There aren’t many lads left from that season, I think there is only four or five including myself. The gaffers had a big turn around in players and we’ve got togetherness here now.
“Rio [Ferdinand] said he was impressed with the spirit, everyone gets on. All the lads have been putting in the effort. We’re in a far better position.
“The spirit is arguably more important than tactics, last year the spirit got us through and I’m sure it will be the same this year.”
Follow Jordan on Twitter @JordanJFoster
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.