Sandro will not walk straight back into QPR team, says Chris Ramsey
PUBLISHED: 19:44 27 August 2015 | UPDATED: 19:44 27 August 2015
PA Archive/PA Images
Chris Ramsey insists Sandro faces a fight on his hands to get back into the QPR team ahead of the Brazilian’s imminent return to the UK.
The 26-year-old, who missed the final three games of last season’s ill-fated Premier League campaign, has been unable to enter the country following an issue with his visa, leaving him residing in his native Brazil.
The former Tottenham midfielder has now received a new visa though and is expected back in London tomorrow after Chris Ramsey revealed he is due to board a flight from Brazil this evening.
Ramsey said: “I spoke to Sandro last night. He’s due back tomorrow morning and I’m pleased about that.
“I think any team would miss him but I think the players that have been here have done their jobs.
“If he comes back and he’s fit then he’s going to have to fight his way back into the team like anybody else.”
The £6million man made 17 appearances in all competitions for the Rs last season, but has been plagued with injuries throughout his spell at the club so far.
Elsewhere, Ramsey still hopes to bring in a few new additions before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday night, and will look to utilise the loan market.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.