Sandro could be disciplined after seeing red in QPR development game
PUBLISHED: 18:00 27 October 2016 | UPDATED: 09:09 28 October 2016
QPR could discipline Sandro after he was sent off for violent conduct while featuring for the club’s Under-23 side on Monday against Millwall.
The 27-year-old, who has not made a league appearance this season, was dismissed following an altercation with Lions teenager Harry Donovan shortly before half-time.
And Hasselbaink says he will speak with the Brazilian midfielder, who also saw red in similar circumstances in a development match against Bristol City last year, about the issue.
He told the Times: “We will look at it as a club and do what we need to do.
“He was injured and had to play in that game to get fit and needed to play 90 minutes, and as we know he only played 43 minutes.
“So not playing the full game will obviously not help him get to where he needs to be [in terms of being in contention for the first team].
“So it’s unfortunate for him as it will now take longer for him to challenge for a position in the first-team.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.