Search

Prat's your lot

PUBLISHED: 12:13 06 May 2009 | UPDATED: 13:33 24 August 2010

LONDON - MARCH 17:  Darren Pratley of Swansea City heads the ball away from Mikele Leigertwood of Queens Park Rangers during the Coca Cola Championship match between Queens Park Rangers and Swansea City at Loftus Road Stadium on March 17, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

LONDON - MARCH 17: Darren Pratley of Swansea City heads the ball away from Mikele Leigertwood of Queens Park Rangers during the Coca Cola Championship match between Queens Park Rangers and Swansea City at Loftus Road Stadium on March 17, 2009 in London, England. (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

2009 Getty Images

By Dave McIntyre and Ben Kosky QPR have had an approach for Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley turned down flat by their Championship rivals. Rangers have been told to forget about signing the 24-year-old and have all but abandoned their interest in him wi

By Dave McIntyre and Ben Kosky

QPR have had an approach for Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley turned down flat by their Championship rivals.

Rangers have been told to forget about signing the 24-year-old and have all but abandoned their interest in him without tabling a formal offer.

Pratley had been earmarked as a possible summer signing some time ago but Swansea have made it clear he is not for sale - at least not for the kind of price the Rs were looking to pay.

The former Fulham man, who also had two loan spells down the road at Brentford, played an important role as Swansea enjoyed an impressive first season in the Championship.

Despite closing their campaign with a 1-0 home defeat to Blackpool, the Swans still finished in eighth place - three positions and seven points ahead of QPR.

Rangers are assessing their midfield options for next season, with skipper Martin Rowlands and Akos Buzsaky still not certain to be fit in time for the start of pre-season training on July 1.

They have not yet made a final decision on whether to offer a new contract to Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez, who impressed during his three months at Loftus Road and netted a stunning goal in the 2-1 win over Bristol City.

But Republic of Ireland international Liam Miller, who was also on a short-term deal until the end of the season, will not be kept on.

Miller, 28, made 13 appearances for Rangers, but was substituted in the vast majority of them and was left out of the squad entirely for Sunday's last match of the season at Preston.

Meanwhile, the club are no further down the line in their attempts to sign Bristol City striker Dele Adebola, who is still holding out for a two-year contract.

The experienced frontman, whose current contract at Ashton Gate is about to expire, has been offered a one-year deal by City, while Rangers will only agree to the option of a second season conditional on how many appearances the player makes in the first year.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times