FA Cup: Barking and Haringey Borough progress while Hendon and Harrow Borough crash out

PUBLISHED: 08:27 04 October 2020 | UPDATED: 08:28 04 October 2020

Barking goalscorer Junior Dadson celebrates with his team-mates (Pic: Terry Gilbert)

Barking goalscorer Junior Dadson celebrates with his team-mates (Pic: Terry Gilbert)


Barking have reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1998 as they won 3-2 on penalties against King’s Langley.

Barking's Sam Owusu is beaten to the ball (Pic: Terry Gilbert)Barking's Sam Owusu is beaten to the ball (Pic: Terry Gilbert)

The Blues played out a 2-2 draw before the clash was forced to penalties where goalkeeper Manny Agboola proved to be the star of the show.

In-form Junior Dadson opened the scoring as early as the ninth minute to give Justin Gardner’s men the lead.

The Blues doubled their lead in the 74th minute thanks to striker Michael Dixon at Mayesbrook Park which meant they looked set to progress.

However that was not the case as Bradley Wadkins bagged a brace in the final 10 minutes to level the score and send it to penalties where Barking came up trumps.

You may also want to watch:

Elswhere Haringey Borough cruised to 2-0 victory thanks to a brace from Alfred Bawling over Chertsey Town at Coles Park Stadium.

Bawling netted in the eight minute of play and then wrapped up Tom Loizou’s side progress when he grabbed a second with just six minutes left to play.

Hendon’s FA Cup adventure came to an end in the second qualifying round at Silver Jubilee Park as they went down 1-0 to National League South side Maidstone United.

Having largely matched their higher ranked opponents for most of the opening 75 minutes, substitute Ibz Olutade finished well after a cross from Gavin Hoyte was deflected into his path just two minutes after entering the fray.

Try as they might the Greens were unable to muster an equaliser, but can depart the competition with their heads held high after a battling and hard-working performance.

Harrow Borough suffered a heavy 5-1 defeat to Cray Valley PM to crash out of the prestigious cup competition.

The third qualifying round draw will take place tomorrow (Monday).

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times