Bostik Premier: Harrow Borough 6 Lowestoft 0

PUBLISHED: 10:11 13 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:12 13 April 2018

Harrow players celebrate a goal (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

Harrow players celebrate a goal (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

A remarkable five goals in 12 second-half minutes, including a six-minute hat-trick from George Moore, saw Harrow tear apart a makeshift Lowestoft team on Thursday night.

Steve Baker had rested Charles Banya and Michael Bryan from the starting line-up at Leiston on Tuesday and they returned for this game, with Ant O`Connor and Adam Richards dropping to the bench.

Without Richards, Harrow reverted to a back four, but this time it did little to reduce George Moore`s attacking threat.

Perhaps of more significance in the starting line-ups was that Lowestoft were able to field only five of the 11 who started in the key win against Hendon on Tuesday.

Harrow`s pitch looked in excellent condition and recent rain had softened the ground, enabling the ball to run freely, although with further, light rain during the game, the pitch became slippery.

Harrow had the first chance of the game when Banya turned and got a shot away inside the penalty area, but Miitchell Ware saved comfortably. Banya had another chance a few minutes later, running across a line of several defenders before finding room for a shot, which went well over the bar.

The game developed into rapid end-to-end play, but most of the goal threat was coming from Harrow, particularly down the right, where Banya and Bryan were working well together.

Harrow took the lead after 16 minutes, as Bryan found Moore on the right wing and he took the ball to the corner flag and, under challenge, got a looping cross away, which Ryan Moss, from very close in, overcame feeble challenges from the keeper and a defender to nod the ball into the net.

Five minutes later, Harrow produced a slick move from Bryan to Kurtis Cumberbatch to Ahmed Elsahib, the ball finally reaching Moss, but Ware made a good save in tipping his shot over the bar.

Ollie Humphrey then gave away a free kick in blocking Elsahib`s run but Moore blasted the ball wide.

Elsahib was seeing a lot of the ball, but his passing was letting him down, and as the half progressed Harrow were having even more of the play and there was little threat from Lowestoft.

Banya and Bryan got possession of the ball just outside of the penalty area, with only one Lowestoft defender in attendance, but managed to lose the ball to him.

Bryan then found himself unmarked on the right and made a short pass to Elsahib, but his shot was deflected for a corner.

Home supporters were nervous of a Lowestoft revival in the second half but this did not happen as Harrow totally dominated play in the opening minutes of the half.

Lowestoft were defending in depth and finding it difficult to get out of their half, but Harrow`s slick midfield passing was being frustrated by a wall of defenders at the edge of the penalty area.

Another Bryan shot went just wide of the post, while Adam Pepera got a firm header from a corner, but sent it wide of the post, and a looping cross from Moss on the left just eluded Elsahib`s outstretched leg.

Cumberbatch shot wide and yet another Bryan shot curled just over the bar but the dam burst on 58 minutes, although supporters were totally unprepared for the deluge that was to follow.

A fierce Cumberbatch shot cannoned back off the post and although Elsahib was unable to convert the rebound, the ball reached Moss and he played a delicate flick to the inrushing Moore and he ran the ball into the net.

Three minutes later it was 3-0 as Bryan found Moore on the right wing and he beat a defender, took the ball to the goal line, turned left and ran along the line before hitting a shot from a narrow angle, which deflected off a defender into the goal. Lowestoft were now in disarray and on 64 minutes Harrow went 4-0 up as Moss crossed from the left and found Moore running in towards the penalty spot, from where he hooked the ball into the net.

In the long history of football there cannot have been many games where the right-back has scored a hat-trick in six minutes and boss Baker decided the game was won and withdrew Moore, Moss and McLeod, replacing them with Richards, Dawkins and O`Connor.

Two minutes later Harrow went 5-0 up when another cross from the left was stabbed into his own net by Lowestoft’s Travis Cole. And the hosts completed their scoring in the 70th minute as Elsahib made a run down the right wing, was fouled by a Lowestoft defender, and the referee played the advantage and he crossed for Banya to pass the ball into the net.

Melvin Minter made his first real save of the evening, when using his feet at the foot of the post to deflect a shot wide.

And Renei Batlowka was then allowed to run into the penalty area, but shot across Minter and wide of the goal.

The final action saw a chance for Banya, who cut in from the left, but his shot flew over the bar.

The win took Harrow up to 14th in the League and with two of the remaining four fixtures home to the bottom clubs, starting with Tooting on Saturday, a top-half finish may just be within reach.

Harrow: Minter, Moore (Richards 65), C Cole, Preddie, Pepera, Cuumberbatch, Banya, McLeod (Dawkins 65), Moss (O’Connor 65), Bryan, Elsahib.

Unused sub: Rodriguez.

Attendance: 113.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times