Bostik Premier: Harrow Borough 2 Tonbridge Angels 0

PUBLISHED: 07:43 27 August 2017 | UPDATED: 07:43 27 August 2017

Michael Bryan of Harrow Borough (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

Michael Bryan of Harrow Borough (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

Harrow’s superb start to the season continued as goals in either half from Michael Bryan and Will Turl helped break another club record.

It is believed this is the first time ever that Borough have won their first four league games in a season.

Given Harrow’s hat-trick of earlier victories and with Tonbridge yet to concede, it promised to be a tight game and that’s exactly what occurred.

The visitors enjoyed plenty of early possession but it was Harrow who took the lead on eight minutes with the first chance of the afternoon.

Bryan, continuing his excellent early season form, turned his man on the left hand by-line before dribbling towards goal and blasting past Jonathan Henly from a tight angle.

The lead should have been doubled shortly after when Curtis Ujah’s powerful headed clearance was flicked on by Charles Banya to put Turl through on goal.

However, the striker took too long and bundled the ball wide under pressure from an Angels defender.

Bryan then turned cleverly on the edge of the area before shooting just wide of the left hand post.

Tonbridge reasserted themselves on the game and missed three clear chances to equalise before the break.

Nathan Elder’s knock down found Andre McCollin who headed wide, before a rare mistake from Ujah let in Dan Thompson. The midfielder lobbed the advancing Minter from the right hand side of the area, but the ball dropped just over the crossbar.

Elder then missed the easiest of the opportunities as he somehow headed wide when unmarked from eight yards.

There was then a heart in mouth moment on the stroke of half time as Ant O’Connor reacted similarly to Arinse Uade at Leatherhead last week.

O’Connor was more fortunate and escaped with a booking, which may have been down to the Tonbridge player not falling over and holding his face.

After a quiet start to the second half, Borough made Angels pay for their missed chances on 58 minutes.

A long ball forward produced a poor clearance by a back-tracking defender and Turl curled an unstoppable shot into the top right hand corner from just outside the area.

The visitors continued to dominate possession but some resolute and well organised defending meant that Minter didn’t have a save of note to make.

With four minutes remaining Henly was also fortunate not to be sent off as he tried to shield the ball out of play.

O’Connor stole the ball from under his nose and was then brought down by the keeper with a third goal beckoning. Referee Greaves consulted his assistant before deciding to book Henly.

Borough comfortably saw out the final few minutes to secure another hard-earned three points and increase their lead at the top of the table to the same margin.

Next up is the short journey to Hendon on Monday where they will be aiming to turn the fab four into the fantastic five.

Harrow: Minter, Hall, Preddie, Richards, Ujah, Cumberbatch, Banya (Paquette 85), McLeod, Turl, Bryan (Cain 81), O’Connor. Unused subs: Davis-Coker, Testolin, Moore.

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists