Bostik Premier: Harrow Borough 0 Billericay 2

PUBLISHED: 10:00 29 November 2017

Melvin Minter of Harrow Borough (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

Melvin Minter of Harrow Borough (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

Harrow Borough will hope for much better next month, after finishing November with seven defeats from eight matches played in all competitions.

Steve Baker’s men fell to a battling 2-0 home defeat against Bostik Premier title hopefuls Billericay Town on Tuesday, having ended a seven-match losing run with a 2-2 draw at Worthing at the weekend.

And they will welcome Met Police to the Rogers Family Stadium on Saturday, looking to enjoy some December cheer.

Having released captain Curtis Ujah, Harrow boss Baker moved Shaun Preddie to central defence alongside Tayo Davies-Coker, as Reis Stanislaus came in for the unavailable Ryan Moss and Mark McLeod took over as skipper and picked up an early booking.

Jake Robinson fired over for the visitors early on, but Bajram Pashaj forced Alan Julian into a save at the other end.

Melvin Minter saved from Robinson and rescued George Moore after a poor headed back pass sold him short, before Pashaj fired just wide of the far post as the first half ended goalless.

Harrow went close again early in the second half when Charles Banya cut in from the right and forced Julian to turn his shot past the near post, before having a header blocked.

Davies-Coker made good blocks to deny Adam Cunnington and Robinson before a moment of controversy on 58 minutes turned the match.

Ricky Modeste clashed with Enock Sognaile in the box and the referee pointed to the spot, before Robinson fired past Minter to break the deadlock.

Harrow looked for a quick reply, with Banya’s shot on the turn forcing a fingertip save from Julian, who also kept out a free-kick from Curtis Kumberbatch.

Minter thwarted Robinson and Nick Wheeler, before Harrow substitutes Sahr Kabba and Anthony O’Connor combined well and the latter saw his shot blocked.

But Billericay made sure of the points four minutes from time, after Minter had saved from former Arsenal duo Sanchez Watt and Jermaine Pennant, when Cunningham headed in Pennant’s corner.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times