Hendon fall to defeat at title hopefuls Finsbury Park
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Finsbury Park 24 Hendon 15
Hendon saw their six-game winning run in Herts/Middlesex One come to an end with a 24-15 defeat at title hopefuls Finsbury Park.
The Greenlands Lane club suffered an early blow as Park scored the opening try, but the visitors produced a near-immediate response through Donal O’Sullivan’s try which Cian Hynes converted to level things up at 7-7.
A long penalty from Hynes then put Hendon ahead, but the hosts crossed for an unconverted try in the final play of the first half to lead 12-10 at the break.
The Greenlands Lane thought they had regained the lead early in the second half, but harshly had a try ruled out.
You may also want to watch:
Park made the most of that let off as they soon scored their third try of the match to move 17-10 clear, before adding a converted score with 10 minutes to go.
Despite the result, it was Hendon who had the final say as Rossa Dooley went over late on, but the missed conversion meant the visitors could not collect a losing bonus point.
- 1 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 2 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 3 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 4 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 7 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 10 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
Hendon will hope to bounce back on Saturday when they play host to Staines in the league.