Boxing round-up: Wahome pulls out of title fight with injury and Khoumari picks up win
- Credit: Archant
Former IQ Neasden boxer Dennis Wahome has had to pull out of his English Super-Featherweight title fight with Liam Dillon due to a shoulder injury.
The bout was due to take place at York Hall in Bethnal Green on Saturday for the vacant title, with Wahome having won all seven of his professional fights so far.
However, the fight could take place in May when Wahome has recovered from his injury.
Dillon boxed for the same title in his last fight against another former IQ boxer in Youssef Khoumari which ended in a draw after 10 rounds.
Khoumari was back in the ring last Saturday at the Dunstable Conference Centre where he beat Michael Isaac Carrero by TKO.
You may also want to watch:
Carrero was on the deck in the first and second rounds before it was called off after two minutes and 34 seconds of the second round.
The Wembley boxer remains unbeaten in his 12 fights with 11 wins and one draw.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Hammersmith based boxer Dean Richardson retained his Southern Area Super-Welterweight title at York Hall against Konrad Stempkowski on Saturday.